We Need Host Volunteers

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
tomterp80

Post by tomterp80 »

Would anybody be interested in a snorkeling field trip? I was talking last year to Rick about doing a trip to the Chesapeake Bay north of Baltimore, to a place where the water is crystal clear due to heavy submerged aquatic vegetation. I have a contact who oversees a program to restore bay vegetation, and he had offered to lead a short canoeing expedition to a prime snorkeling area.

This would be a camping optional trip, in a state park area, and is best done around September, for optimal water clarity.

I have snorkeled in the Cacapon River in WV, and really liked seeing fish and other underwater life. I think I'm ready to try it again. Anybody else interested?
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

I think this sounds like a blast, so long as the water really is closer to the "crystal clear" description you specify, and not the usual Bay "opaque oil water" I'm used to seeing.
gnatster

Post by gnatster »

I'd be afraid of beeing harpooned
Nathan
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

krisw wrote:This is probably the right time to ask for meeting topics as well. If there's anything anyone would like to hear about at a meeting. Personally, I'd like to hear Ghazanfar's "Advanced Trimming Techniques". I'd also be interested various plumbing discussions, and would definitely like to try and get Wilma down here to talk more about invertebrates. What is everyone else interested in?
I did ask Wilma about a meeting and she was affable to the idea of doing a meeting in the spring. It would be a case of when to bring her down. Should I turn this over to the corresponding Sec.? I think I know what job I will be shooting for next. :wink:
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

I might try to make it to that Aaron. It will depend on my employment situation when we decide to go. Hopefully I will be a manager for Home Depot by then and Saturdays unfortunately will be out since that is the primary retail day for sales at their stores.

Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Manager for HD? My favorite hangout!
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Yes, I spent Monday through Wednesday morning in Atlanta for an interview with them. It was quite an experience and hopefully I get it since the money is outlandish and how fun would it be to manage power tools.....and the discount would come in handy since I drop so much money there anyway. Should know something in the next few weeks.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

SCMurphy wrote:I did ask Wilma about a meeting and she was affable to the idea of doing a meeting in the spring. It would be a case of when to bring her down. Should I turn this over to the corresponding Sec.? I think I know what job I will be shooting for next. :wink:
Send me her contact info. Where's she coming from - does she need to fly?
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

Advanced Trimming Techniques, and aquascaping technigues world be good, THE GOLDEN RATIO and what not
Jeff U.

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Alright, we'll plan on Jamie as a definite for February 25th then.

I'd be interested to watch G's trimming techniques as well.
I'll try to brainstorm some more topics today and post back later.

Sponsors