Holiday Season: Aquariums for Kids

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
JLW

Holiday Season: Aquariums for Kids

Post by JLW »

Hey Folks,

We all know the importance of getting young people, especially children, involved in the aquarium hobby. Unfortunately, as we also all know all too well, the aquarium hobby is not a cheap hobby, at all. The average aquarium costs a minimum of $250 to establish -- and costs continue to grow, making this out of the reach of many families.

Batfish Aquatics would like to help do something about that. We are working with one of our vendors to bring in a large number of JBJ "Cubey" Aquariums. These are awesome micro aquariums. They hold three gallons (approximately), and have ultra clear glass. Not only that, but they have a quality integrated filter, and built in LED lighting, with wireless remote control -- hey, so we've got an electronic toy for the kids to play with, too.

These units usually retail for $99.99, but we're going to be bringing them in through 12 December at the incredibly discounted rate for $69.99, with one condition! Each aquarium sold for $69.99 will be donated to needy children in the area. So, for $69.99, you can buy the aquarium and have it donated on your behalf. Batfish Aquatics will also be throwing in some of the necessities for the aquarium, including a can of fish food, small bottle of dechlorinator, etc. And, what do you get out of the deal?

For each aquarium purchased and donated, Batfish Aquatics will give the purchaser a $10 gift certificate to Batfish Aquatics (we thought about giving you a gift certificate to a restaurant, but we've been told numerous times that we're not allowed to print out our own gift certificates to other places.... *sigh*).

There are three ways you can donate.

One, you can purchase a tank on your own, and give it to me to donate for you. I'll trade you that for the gift certificate. (Of course, if you want to just donate one on your own, more power to you). It does not need to be a Cubey, but a comprable tank. Note that it must be new, unused, unwrapped, etc.

Two, you can give me a cheque, money order, cash, etc at the Holiday Party. Partial donations are also acceptable! Every dollar will help.

Or, three, you can send a PayPal to BatfishAquatics@gmail.com for $69.99 and indicate that it is for a donation tank.
><>
sns26

Re: Holiday Season: Aquariums for Kids

Post by sns26 »

I'm in! Great idea. I sent the $$ but forgot to tag it as a donation.
JLW

Post by JLW »

It's okay -- I can figure it out based on the amounts! :)

JW
><>
JLW

Post by JLW »

Hey folks, just a reminder about this awesome programme, and we'll be at the Holiday Party this weekend!
><>
JLW

Post by JLW »

We've changed this promotion a little bit, after a lot of consideration and input.

The Cubey Tanks are very small, and we agree with the criticism that this may be creating a path to failure for kids. For a little bit more, we've found a reall nice Fluval Vista 8.5 Gallon Tank. These are neat little tanks that have a curved glass, and are just a little shorter than a ten gallon. They have a built in LED lamp which lights the entire aquarium, and use the traditional AquaClear 20 filter (which are great because you can rinse those sponges FOREVER). Best of all, they come with dechlorinator and fish food already includes, and as we're not able to "bundle" items with the tank, this is a big plus.

We will continue to offer the deeply discounted donation price of $69.99 for these units.
><>

Sponsors