Ads

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
John G

Ads

Post by John G »

Why is there a Tapatalk ad at the top of GWAPA pages? Are they paying us? If so, how much? If not, why are they there?
John Godbey
Springfield, VA
Becca
GWAPA Member

Re: Ads

Post by Becca »

I get that ad when I access the site from my mobile phone and it's really annoying. It's an app that supposedly helps make using web forums easier on a mobile phone, but I downloaded it and it doesn't work with GWAPA. I just uninstalled it. It's free, but useless.
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

I have and use Tapatalk for several forums including GWAPA. I have an iPhone if that makes a difference due to a different version perhaps for Android.

I do get annoyed when I get those top of display popups for Tapatalk and other apps. I've started using 1Blocker and block everything. Seems to help.

jim
MattInMD

Post by MattInMD »

Agreed, I use Tapatalk with GWAPA, and it works fairly well...

The top level app "subscriptions" tab seems to not always work correctly with GWAPA (but works for other forums), but if I go into following->gwapa that all works correctly.
John G

Post by John G »

But why is there an ad on the GWAPA web site?
John Godbey
Springfield, VA
sukrol

Post by sukrol »

I think the App does once you install it on your phone...
Gabriel
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

Yes, it's not on the web page - the tapatalk app detects when you open a forum and puts in its ad. I have a new phone which has never had tapatalk, so I no longer see the ad.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Sorry, I somehow missed this thread... Yes, at the request of several GWAPA members, we installed Tapatalk a few years back. This is a plugin for the phpBB forum and allows mobile users to more easily respond to forum posts via their phones. I've been using it on Android for awhile without problems. That said, their plugin does prompt mobile web users to install their app. This is supposed to be a way to alert mobile users of an additional viewing option for the forum. That said, if enough GWAPA members would prefer not have Taptalk, or would prefer us to disable the popup altogether, I should be able to do either of those things...

Sponsors