July meeting. Who's coming?

News & upcoming events
sukrol

July meeting. Who's coming?

Post by sukrol »

Hey everybody, looking forward to hosting.

I'm trying to get a head count to make sure there's enough food/seating.

Thanks!
Gabriel
Linus_Cello

Re: July meeting. Who's coming?

Post by Linus_Cello »

I plan on coming. (Conveniently you're near Seasons Nursery, so I can use my Groupon).
John G

Post by John G »

Unfortunately I will be out of town and unable to attend. Of those who will be able to attend, can anyone take a few photos and write a brief summary of the meeting? If so they can send them to me and I will post them on our web site.
John Godbey
Springfield, VA
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Ill be there with the pond plants I planned on bringing last time. I have 5 or 6 lilies that are potted up and can be placed directly in a pond although they would prefer a bigger pot. Also have umbrella palms, water hyacinth, parrots feather, accorus, and elephant ears. May have some trimmings as well. Let me know if you are interested in something as I may not be able to bring it all.

Tim
Linus_Cello

Post by Linus_Cello »

Tim do you know the varietal names of the lilies? I presume they are hardy
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Also, I'm looking for a couple of people to volunteer for me to bring our speaker, Jeff Funk, to see their aquariums/ponds/gardens before or after the meeting. This is an opportunity to show the various types of aquariums we maintain in GWAPA, as well as, lots of one-on-one time with our speaker to ask questions.
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

Tim_Koles wrote:Ill be there with the pond plants I planned on bringing last time. I have 5 or 6 lilies that are potted up and can be placed directly in a pond although they would prefer a bigger pot. Also have umbrella palms, water hyacinth, parrots feather, accorus, and elephant ears. May have some trimmings as well. Let me know if you are interested in something as I may not be able to bring it all.

Tim
I'd love to swing by and pick up a Lily, umbrella palm, or elephant ear. I can't stay for the whole meeting, though, becsuse my sister is in town. PM me with prices?
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I, unfortunately, will not be at this meeting. Going on a camping trip with the boys and celebrating my birthday.

See you all next month!!!

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I'll be there.
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Linus_Cello wrote:Tim do you know the varietal names of the lilies? I presume they are hardy

They are hardy but I don't know any names. These are larger versions of the ones I brought last time. Could be red, yellow, pink or white. Some if the bigger ones I have in my own fountain are just starting to bloom so I hope to mark them and then thin the heard at a later date.

Sponsors