BML is closing its hobby side :'(

News & upcoming events
sukrol

BML is closing its hobby side :'(

Post by sukrol »

From their website:
Last chance to buy! We are closing the Build My LED store on Monday, February 22. Place your order by midnight (ET) Sunday, Feb. 21 before the Build My LED doors close for good.
Gabriel
scientist0724

Re: BML is closing its hobby side :'(

Post by scientist0724 »

So sad!

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

From Cara Wade:

"I want to take a moment to address the panic, the rumors, and most of all to THANK each and every one of our clients and supporters. Over the last 3.5 years I've chatted, emailed, and met many of you and feel so fortunate to have done so.
No, Build My LED is not going out of business...but yes, we are shutting down the aquarium side of our business. Over the last year we've explored many options on how to best proceed as the commercial horticultural lighting side of our business grew at a phenomenal pace. While the aquarium hobby has been an enormously successful venture for us, we've come to the tough decision that at this time our resources need to be entirely devoted to the horticulture market. As ever, our goal is to design and build the most efficient high-output photosynthetic lighting in the market and to further photobiology studies for food, agriculture, medicine, and research.
Because of the scope of this endeavor and the size of the market, we made the painful decision to let go of a successful branch of our business to fully focus on these arenas. We will continue sales of aquarium fixtures for one more week; we'll provide service and support for the life of your fixtures; we're not disappearing. (In fact, you'll likely be eating dinner salads and other plants grown under our lights very soon!) But we will discontinue aquarium and custom LED sales. Thank you to each and every customer, questioner, spectrum-suggester, and more...it's been an amazing journey, and we've enjoyed it all.
As I end every email: if you have any further questions, please let me know!
Best regards,
Cara
(and Nick and the BML team)"
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

Wow that sucks