Gaithersburg Aquatic Plant Fest

Post by Rick Dotson »

Come by and visit us at the
Gaithersburg Aquatic Plant Fest

Hosted by
Tropical Fish World
&
The Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association

We would like to invite you to a workshop on the keeping of aquatic plants. The workshop is designed to help aquarists get started keeping plants in their tanks and will cover the basics of lighting, fertilizers, algae control and using new high tech equipment. After the workshop Jim Karanikas, the Tropical Fish World Staff and GWAPA members will be available to answer any questions you have about keeping aquatic plants or tropical fish. For the workshop Jim will offer a 30% discount on live plants and 10% discount on equipment and supplies.

When April 2, 2005 @ 3:30pm

At Tropical Fish World - Walnut Hill Shopping Center
Gaithersburg, Md.

Directions: From Route 270 in Montgomery County, Maryland. Take Exit #9 Route 370 towards the Metro Station. Exit onto Route 355 North, Gaithersburg Town Center. Walnut Hill Shopping Center is on the right at the first light, Westland Rd. For directions from other areas please call

For more info
Tropical Fish World (301) 921-0000 http://www.tropicalfishworld.com/
GWAPA - Rick Dotson (703) 319-9010 http://www.gwapa.org/
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

Any GWAPA members coming to the 'FEST', please bring a bag of clippings from your tank. Jim suggested we give out small goodie bags of plants to attendee's. I'd like some help making the bags up. Thanks for your help. I know it's short notice.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

And IMHO it went very well. Good turnout of members and interested folk from the public. View and sound were a bit limited, so I hung back too much to watch/hear well, but the responses afterward that I heard were good. :P

Sorry I did not check the forum today before I came down - I could have gotten rid of some Val... :roll:

Nice job Rick & Sean!
Where's the fish? Neptune
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Yeah... I counted about 35 people at one point. Lots of folks had good questions, and seemed quite interested in the hobby.

Sponsors