Collecting trip Saturday, 10 am 8-16-14

News & upcoming events
Sonny Disposition

Collecting trip Saturday, 10 am 8-16-14

Post by Sonny Disposition »

Per my earlier post, about finding a new collecting site for the Catfish Convention field trip this fall.

We'll meet at the first site, where Route 7 crosses the Shenanandoah River, at the parking lot below the bridge's east bound span, just off River Road (606). The site is west of the towns of Bluemont and Purcellville, Virginia. Depending on whether we find (or don't find) any madtoms there, we'll also plan to explore Golf Club Road near Route 7 and Goose Creek Country club for any likely access points.

You will need a Virginia fishing license for the trip, which you can purchase online at http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/licenses/

Josh and I will be bringing seines and dipnets. Waders are advisable but shorts or old swim trunks will likely work. You will also need old sneakers or boots. It's also a good idea to bring along a change of clothes, in case you misstep. If you plan to bring any fish home with you, you'll need a bucket (preferably with a lid) or a picnic cooler. Bottled water is also a good idea. There are many places to eat in the area, and we have the option of stopping at one of them.

This is not a club trip, so you are responsible for your own safety and that of any minors you bring with you.

If you're planning to attend, please confirm with me on this Forum (or on Facebook).
Bob
Bob

You never know what you're going to find, or where you're going to find it. So keep looking.

Sponsors