Sept Meeting at Julie's house

News & upcoming events
jweis

Sept Meeting at Julie's house

Post by jweis »

Just wanted to start a thread about the Sept meeting at my house. I've hosted it for the last two years in September and we have been lucky to have had great weather (knock on wood), a great turn out, and a great auction. :)

I will once again be making my Mom's famous shredded beef green chili burritos with all the fixings, and spanish rice. I'm looking for volunteers to make/purchase and bring guacamole, tortilla chips, and beans (either black or refried -- preferably make them vegetarian for the non-meat eaters in our group)? Please bring your receipt so that GWAPA can reimburse you for the cost. Kris started a thread for this under "Food Committee".

Also, for those of you with children, you are welcome to bring the kiddos. I have a big yard with a playset, plus a basement that they can use during the meeting. If the weather is nice, and I have enough energy, I might even set up the moon bounce. My two boys will be at the meeting, and they would like the company.

My address is 9801 Big Woods Ct, Ijamsville MD 21754. I am just off of I-270, and not too far south of I-70. Mapquest will provide you with good directions if you enter in my address. Once you arrive, you will see that I live in a small culdesac. My house is the one with the stop sign in the front yard and a cow mailbox. When parking in the culdesac, park "nose-in" vs parallel to the road. That will allow more cars to park. You are also welcome to park in the driveway behind my cars.

See ya soon!
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
andreyka

Re: Sept Meeting at Julie's house

Post by andreyka »

Olga promised to make guacamole. I'll bring both.
Andrey
120 g planted
jweis

Post by jweis »

andreyka wrote:Olga promised to make guacamole. I'll bring both.
Great. Do you mean you will bring guacamole and chips? Or guac and Olga. I like Olga a lot so bring her! ;)

Glad you will be coming.
Julie
jweis

Post by jweis »

jweis wrote:Just wanted to start a thread about the Sept meeting at my house. I've hosted it for the last two years in September and we have been lucky to have had great weather (knock on wood), a great turn out, and a great auction. :)

I will once again be making my Mom's famous shredded beef green chili burritos with all the fixings, and spanish rice. I'm looking for volunteers to make/purchase and bring guacamole, tortilla chips, and beans (either black or refried -- preferably make them vegetarian for the non-meat eaters in our group)? Please bring your receipt so that GWAPA can reimburse you for the cost. Kris started a thread for this under "Food Committee".

Also, for those of you with children, you are welcome to bring the kiddos. I have a big yard with a playset, plus a basement that they can use during the meeting. If the weather is nice, and I have enough energy, I might even set up the moon bounce. My two boys will be at the meeting, and they would like the company.

My address is 9801 Big Woods Ct, Ijamsville MD 21754. I am just off of I-270, and not too far south of I-70. Mapquest will provide you with good directions if you enter in my address. Once you arrive, you will see that I live in a small culdesac. My house is the one with the stop sign in the front yard and a cow mailbox. When parking in the culdesac, park "nose-in" vs parallel to the road. That will allow more cars to park. You are also welcome to park in the driveway behind my cars.

See ya soon!
Oh, and I also forgot to ask for desserts. My favorite part of the meeting is eating everyone's yummy desserts. :)
Julie
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Julie -

I will bring a dessert apropo a "Spanish/Mexican/LatinAmerican" (just being Politically Correct here) theme ---

George
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I will see if I have time to make a Nutella flan. If not, I will try to bring some mini caramel and banana tartlets.

I may be bringing a girlfriend who is visiting me this weekend. She's not into the hobby, but she is curious to see "the behind the scenes" of my nerdiness :-)

Oh, and Marc is very excited to play with Alexander again :-)

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
halak

Post by halak »

I have a ton of Amazon frogbit (Limnobium laevigatum); if anyone wants some, it's free and can be delivered to the meeting.
Viktor
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I plan to be there barring my wife is not in labor. I plan to bring my son with me.

We'll bring some drinks.
jweis

Post by jweis »

Aaron wrote:I plan to be there barring my wife is not in labor. I plan to bring my son with me.

We'll bring some drinks.
Great, glad you will be bringing your son. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the baby stays put for a bit longer.

I think Kris said he has enough drinks leftover from the picnic, and I have picked up ice, so I think we are all set drink-wise. Perhaps something easy like a bag of potato chips or just some store bought cookies?
Julie
JLW

Post by JLW »

Aaron wrote:I plan to be there barring my wife is not in labor. I plan to bring my son with me.

We'll bring some drinks.

Aaron, I'm confused.

If the baby isn't born, you'll bring your wife, and if he is born, you'll bring him? :lol:

Congrats on the spawn!
><>

Sponsors