Houston Plant Fest

News & upcoming events
krisw
Site Admin

Houston Plant Fest

Post by krisw »

I just wanted to let everyone know that the the Houston club (NASH) is planning a "Plant Fest" April 9-12. Basically, it'll include a collecting trip in San Marcos, TX, a few presentations, BBQ, fish store tours, and a tour of the Senke's ADG Gallery. This is Luis' club, the speaker we flew in last summer.

More details should be coming out soon, but right now, flights can be had for about $200-$250.

Some more details here:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/foru ... 009-a.html
magsdez

Post by magsdez »

*sigh* If only I could go. It's right before the wedding. Would have been great since I'm from Texas!!! My family lives there (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents.....) AND I went to college in San Marcos!!!! It's a wonderful little town. My BF at the time and I went canoeing down the San Marcos river. It's a lovely river. If only I knew then what I know now!!! :roll:

I recommend the location if nothing else about the trip (because I know nothing else about the trip! 8) ) to anyone.
Bridget
jerseyjay

Post by jerseyjay »

See you there guys !
Image Image
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Uh, HELLOOOOO?? Nobody has a report on how much fun you all had in TX over the weekend?
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

We had a lot of fun. :mrgreen:
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

Where are the photos???? :)
Jeff U.

krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Here are some with a writeup. :-)

http://www.guitarfish.org/2009/04/13/ho ... -fest-2009

It was a great time, seeing a lot of the same folks we only get to see every two years at the AGA convention. It's really cool to hear what other folks have going on their aquariums. Plus, Houston has a couple really nice galleries, one of course being ADG, which was very nice. Mike Senske has a killer aquascape coming for the ADA contest this year, but he asked us not to take any pictures of that.
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

Hey Kris.. who all went?
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Dave, Ghazanfar, and I were the GWAPA folks. Jay Luto and Jason Baliban were other East Coasters. Eric Do from San Fran was there. John from Michigan came down. Tex Gal/Guy drove over. Ricky Cain was there. Some folks drove up from Dallas, and then the Houston contingent. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.
jerseyjay

Post by jerseyjay »

Ok ... here is PART 1 from San Marcos. Still no photographs and only one video but this week has been insanely busy.

Enjoy and let me know what you think ! Post some comments on blog !

http://greenstouch.com/blog/?p=308
Image Image

Sponsors