March meeting date changed?

News & upcoming events
Judi

March meeting date changed?

Post by Judi »

I had the next meeting marked on my calendar for March 22, but I see on the web page it is listed as March 29. Did the date change? Or is this an error? Or have I been wrong all along? (which is certainly possible, a bunch of preschoolers gave me a concussion the other day....but I digress).
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

No, you're not going crazy. I suspect an announcement is coming soon. If not, we'll get one posted on the forum.

We realized that the 22nd is Easter weekend. I know 4/5 board members couldn't make the meeting and several other members expressed they'd be busy with family events that weekend.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Yes, you are correct. I'm sorry. I meant to announce that, but got side-tracked. At the end of the last meeting, several members expressed concern that the meeting date coincided with Easter weekend (23rd). So, we've moved it back one week.
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Works for me since I am done bartending. It will be good to be able to come to meetings although I dont know how long that will last as I just got orders last night directing me to report to a place in Gaithersburg, MD for one day. After discussing that with several people in my office that have been called back I found out that this is usually the precursor to getting called back for a deployment. So I dont know how fast things might move, but I may get called for Iraq or Afghanistan shortly. I will keep everyone up to date as things move along.

Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

I didn't realize you were still active, Rob. Regardless of what happens, I hope you're kept out of harms way!
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

I am not active. I got done with active duty in 2004 but I have about two months left on my Individual Ready Reserve committment. After speaking to a bunch of people here at work they said to go to this and expect deployment orders. They also said that most of the people dont respond but because I need my security clearance for my day job I dont have that option.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

That's a crappy position to be in. Hopefully, it won't be what you expect. Good luck!
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

krisw wrote:That's a crappy position to be in. Hopefully, it won't be what you expect. Good luck!
Yeah, a couple people on my train got tapped with "stop loss". I was surprised how far back they're reaching in some cases. Civil Affairs of all things.

Keep your head down Mate!

Cheers.
Jim

Sponsors