January meeting

News & upcoming events
maddog10

Post by maddog10 »

Rob,

The big male Aulonocara I was going to give has taken ill (1 eye has clouded over real bad and he has stopped eating). If you want - I can give you the 6 fry as your "Free Fish". Let me know if that is ok.
angelfish

Post by angelfish »

Hey
count me in for the meeting.

Francisco

Rick: you can ride with me. By the way, we are glad to hear that you are coming.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I should have:

Hygrophila sp. 'Sarawak'
Lagenandra thwaitsii
Echindorus angustifolius 'Vesuvius'
Polygonum sp. 'Porto Vello'
mwhealton

Post by mwhealton »

New member here - I'll be at the meeting, and am looking forward to meeting folks! Is there a protocol for bringing anything, like munchies, etc?
Matt
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

mwhealton wrote:New member here - I'll be at the meeting, and am looking forward to meeting folks! Is there a protocol for bringing anything, like munchies, etc?
Matt
The host will have the munchies, all you need is yourself, and cash if you plan on buying any plants. Feel free to bring some questions as well!
Jeff U.

Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

I should be bringing

Fissidens fontanus
Riccia
Bacopa Pantanal
Eriocaulonaceae type 3
Rotala green
Rotala macrandra 'Green'
Ludwigia arcuata
Ludwigia 'Cuba'
Pogostemon yatabeanus

And whatever else needs trimmed in the a.m.

Dave do you have a couple pairs of tweezers? A few folks could plant that beast at a time if you do. It may take awhile to do the foreground!
Jeff U.

Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Mike

The 6 pack will be great. Probably better for me anyway. Get a feel for how they grow.

Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
ingg

Post by ingg »

Extra tweezers would be great, I only have one pair.

So - only two catastrophic leaks before I got it together tonight. Seriously. I hope the carpet dries by tomorrow, nothing like soaking down your two day old carpet with gallons of water right off the bat.

First lesson to be taught about big tanks tomorrow - don't get caught up with the granite template guy and forget to cement all your joints in your plumbing. Missed two in the interruptions; and paid for it, dearly.

Second lesson to be taught tomorrow - buy the extra tall stand, because your Eheim 2260 doesn't fit under a standard one.

Third lesson to be taught tomorrow - when you start to fill your new Eheim 2260, make extra double sure the tap valve at the bottom you forgot about is firmly in the closed position. If it isn't, it spills out red water rather rapidly, thanks to the new lava rock in there for bio filtration.

On the plus side, my wife baked us several dozen cookies. :)
Dave
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

That stinks! I guess no project comes together without a few issues, eh? How much water did you end up putting on the floor?
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

I'm not going to make it today - heave either a nasty cold or a light flu and I don't have the energy, and certainly don't need to infect everybody - fish and shrimp will have to done later.
Where's the fish? Neptune

Sponsors