Phoebe Hearst Elementary School aquarium restoration

News & upcoming events
ingg

Post by ingg »

Marselea.

We can buy Quadrifolia, which is probably better for a setup this large, online....Minuta is some really tiny stuff, and takes about 9 years to fill in under less than really high light (I've been growing it for months in the 26, and it... well... I'll have a heckuva forgeground in oh, 2011 or so. That's under 65 watts in a 26g)
Dave
mab
GWAPA Member

Post by mab »

I was thinking of making it an all-day GWAPA event. Start early with aquascaping/planting the tank and then go to John's house for the meeting. What we don't use in the way of plant donations for the tank we can throw into the GWAPA mini-auction as donations to the club.

I'll check with the school to see when we can start.

I understand the keeping it simple theme and totally agree. The classroom is a pre-K room and the school only goes up to third grade so we are catering to small ones and it is all about enriching their environment. The classroom teacher was very excited about the suggestion coming out of PVAS to name the Angels. Check the PVAS site to see that we already have some very generous donations of Angels.

Green neons. I have never seen them; however, I've heard others speak highly of them. I'll add them to the suggested wish list. I keep green bloodfins (rathbuniis) - I'll really like the color they add.
Member of GWAPA, CCA and PVAS plus American Begonia Society and Potomac Branch. Former PVAS President (twice) and Treasurer since 2015. Check out GoWildPeru on the web and FB for Peruvian Rain to Cloud Forest Tropical Fish and 'Plant' collecting trips.
mab
GWAPA Member

Post by mab »

Anyone have Hornwort?
fredyk

Post by fredyk »

I do. how much do you want?
Mark Harnet
mab
GWAPA Member

Post by mab »

Mark,

You are truly amazing in how you have stepped up to support this project.

Can you bring enough stems to get a stand started in one of the corners?

Thank you,
Michael
fredyk

Post by fredyk »

thank you, but hornwort floats! ??
Mark Harnet
mab
GWAPA Member

Post by mab »

ingg wrote:Marselea.

We can buy Quadrifolia, which is probably better for a setup this large, online....Minuta is some really tiny stuff, and takes about 9 years to fill in under less than really high light (I've been growing it for months in the 26, and it... well... I'll have a heckuva forgeground in oh, 2011 or so. That's under 65 watts in a 26g)
Where do we get it in such short time?
ingg

Post by ingg »

I'll look around to find where to order it - I seem to remember someone on plantedtank selling pots of it...
Dave
Spine

Post by Spine »

I have some Quadrifolia in one of my tanks. I can order potted ones how many do we need?
Kevin
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

I have about 2 baseball sized clumps of quadrifolia floating in my tanks that you're welcome to. It has some hair algae, but you need to break it apart anyways to plant. Or, you could probably give it a bath in a K solution to get rid of the algae. This should do an initial planting for quite a large area if you plant about 1 inch apart.

Sponsors