The planted tank for Aquafest

News & upcoming events
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Just throw the Endlers in the auction for yourself. We'll need to break down the tank for the winner, so if we don't have to fish anything out, that'll be nice.

We went back and forth between raffling and auctioning, and the PVAS guys have seen that if you set the raffle price appropriately, you can do better with that. I guess we'll find out. As long as we make our money back, the rest is gravy. It's just as much about promoting the hobby and sparking interested in new folks.
ingg

Post by ingg »

What is this setup going to be, is it the 60p that was originally talked about, or?

Are we putting a filter, lights, co2 unit, all that fun stuff on it, or are we auctioning/raffling a tank with substrate, hardscape, and plants?

Only asking as I'm trying to figure out raffle ticket prices in my head, and for a total system... figure you sell a couple hundred raffle tickets...those are gonna hafta be some fairly high priced tickets.

PS You could always offer up with the raffle some included livestock, 4 pairs of Endlers Livebearers, for instance....it'd sweeten the pot, yknow?
Dave
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

The tank is an Oceanic 37G cube, with glass top, 2 t5 aqualight strips, the new Flourite Black sand, hardscape, and plants. Filter and CO2 are on your own.
JMLenke

Post by JMLenke »

krisw wrote:The tank is an Oceanic 37G cube, with glass top, 2 t5 aqualight strips, the new Flourite Black sand, hardscape, and plants. Filter and CO2 are on your own.
How about I guard it overnight and I promise that the 20g you see in its place is actually a 37 cube in disguise?
The other Jeff

Master of growing algae and getting better at plants
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Sure... Just dropoff a few hundred dollars as a security deposit when you pickup the tank. :-)
ingg

Post by ingg »

I believe I'm going to have the "color" portion of this tank taken care of.

I can bring 3-4 12"+ branching stems of arcuata-repens with some nice red growth.

Will also have to trim some regular repens, but probably only like 2 branching stems of it. (Long ago, this was a gift from Viktor - and thank you man, stuff looks great and has grown out incredibly well!)

You tell me how much rotala 'pink' you want, and how long - I can probably bring 20"+ stems, a dozen or more, if you want them that big. (Came from Jeff I think, really pretty stem)

Also have about a dozen stems 12"+ of rotala colorata showing nice purply color.

Also have some dwarf sag, maybe 20 rosettes, I'm going to need to pull to make room for some crypts - let me know if I should bring it Saturday, or just put it in Auction Sunday.

Yeah, I was way overdue for some trimming in some tanks - heck, the 26 bow is so bad, the entire floor is dark and shaded between that rotala pink and a few balansae (that are going to the Hearst 'scape).
Dave
Judi

Post by Judi »

I thinned an astonishing amount of downoi out of my nano the other day, and now have about 4-5 stems floating in one of my other tanks. One of them has a really good root system. Would these be useful?

edit: Make that 4 stems. One landed on the floor and my 7 year old just stomped on it. I think she thought it was a spider or something. :roll:
ingg

Post by ingg »

Hrmm.... I know someone who needs downoi, if that tank doesn't need 'em, be glad to buy 'em off you :)
Dave
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

We could use it in the tank, better to have to much then not enough
Jeff U.

krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Let's do this... IF you want to donate plants for the aquafest tank, make sure you bag them, and put your name on the bag. If we don't use them, then we'll just return them to you, and you can put them in the auction or take them back.

Ghazanfar, Aaron, and I spent some time setting with Eric Do today, and setting up stuff for the talk/auction and this is going to be a great show. The plants from Florida Aquatic Nurseries came in and look fantastic! You're not going to want to miss them in the auction. Eric is all ready for his talk, and it should not be missed.

See you all tomorrow!

Sponsors