Florida or bust!

News & upcoming events
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

ok... So, I guess it's up to Rodney and Michael to determine if either one of them wants to not drive? Who's van has more space?
JMLenke

Post by JMLenke »

Could you guys try to find some flagfish and take pics of them in their native locations if at all possible? I am interested to see how mine are coloring compared to native.
The other Jeff

Master of growing algae and getting better at plants
rodcon00

Post by rodcon00 »

I guarantee that Mikes van has more room. However, I am driving my vehicle to Florida and back. I can pay for the gas to drive my vehicle to Florida and back.

We have four people traveling from DC with a lot of equipment between collecting, snorkeling, electronics and luggage we will need the extra room for driftwood, rocks, plants, fish and other various stuff we will pick up along the way. Remember the last time we did this we had my vehicle plus an Avalanche and I remember that we had the Avalanche chocked full of driftwood.

Besides I have the roof rack basket where we can throw our wet shoes etc while traveling from location to location. :)
mab
GWAPA Member

Post by mab »

krisw wrote:ok... So, I guess it's up to Rodney and Michael to determine if either one of them wants to not drive? Who's van has more space?
Our notes crossed (edited after posting).

Rodney - I got the impression from your note that you are driving regardless of other considerations.

I'm not about to debate either way regarding space; however, it does limit what we bring back, too bad we had so many drop out at the end - three each in two vehicles would obviate this debate.

I guess the GPS I purchased will work in any vehicle.

Ghazanfar - it is possibily OBE; however, you can park in front of my house.
Last edited by mab on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Alrighty, well, I guess it's settled then. We'll take the two vehicles, and meet up as planned (Ghazanfar at Michael's house, and me at Rodney's at 6:00am). We just need to figure out where the two cars will meet up originally, and go from there.
mab
GWAPA Member

Post by mab »

I'd suggest we meet at the rest stop right after the IKEA in Woodbridge. That way we can get the radios distributed so we can be in touch. Next stop I'd suggest is Parker's in Wilson NC for BBQ!
Member of GWAPA, CCA and PVAS plus American Begonia Society and Potomac Branch. Former PVAS President (twice) and Treasurer since 2015. Check out GoWildPeru on the web and FB for Peruvian Rain to Cloud Forest Tropical Fish and 'Plant' collecting trips.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Two vehicles it is then - and then once in Fl it will be 3.
rodcon00

Post by rodcon00 »

Mike I really want to get beyond Richmond before stopping, this mornings happenings on I-95 show what can happen if there is major traffic problem. BTW the right hand lane on I-95 south near Ladybird requires repair from this mornings accident. I hope it is completed by Thursday morning.

My guess is that if we drive non-stop we will hit Wilson, NC around 10am. I would be up for BBQ if they are open that early.

We have our cell phones to keep in touch on I-95 until we meet up. The Family Radios are for when we are far from main highways collecting in Florida.
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

I have a huge favor to ask. :oops:

Could someone pick up a Nymphaea 'Helvola' (Yellow pygmy water lily) when you stop at FAN if they let you make any purchases?

I've had an awful time finding it this year.

Thanks.
Jim
rodcon00

Post by rodcon00 »

Last time we visited we were not permitted to purchase anything. :cry:

I have not heard anything for this trip but I doubt anything will be different this time around. :(

The only thing we may be able to do is get a picture of one if they have any.

Sponsors