Rena XP's Filter $15-$30 off

News & upcoming events
Bgssamson

Rena XP's Filter $15-$30 off

Post by Bgssamson »

This is a great deal if you need a filter. You can also pricematch there online prices just make sure you print the price & go to the store.

Here's the link!

http://www.petsmart.com/landing/Rena/?c ... na+filstar

-Brian
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

That is a sweet deal. Thanks for pointing that out Brian. It's good through close to the end of May too. :)
ingg

Post by ingg »

And they'll match it if you just bought one, like me... woo hoo, an XP1 for 45 bucks... can't beat it.

XP3 for 76!

BTW, neat trick, but y'all probably already know it.

Filstars have that flow knob. In the middle of it is a little button. Take the top of the button off... under it is a venturi port. Hook your CO2 up to it, micro bubbler and CO2 diffusor, right out of your spraybar. :)
Dave
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

How quiet are the Filstar units?
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

I only have and XP1 and its silent. I have an Eheim, fluval and the filstar. The Filstar is my favorite filter, easy to clean, lots of setup options, you can run a spray bar or jet nozzle, and quiet.

No I dont work for Aquarium Pharmaceuticals
Jeff U.

ingg

Post by ingg »

I have XP1 and XP2.

XP1 I don't even know is running.

XP2 I can hear it, but a very quiet hum, the impeller/water flow is that much more, it is what you hear. Can't hear it across the room, and the small powerhead I have in the tank is as loud/louder than the XP1.

Did this this weekend btw. Me and a friend went, I got another XP1 for my 30, spent $50 with tax and all.

Friend bought an XP3 and 13 dollars of ceramic biomedia, and he spent just about $100.
Dave
halak

Post by halak »

I have had an XP3 running on my 125 since March, 2006, and it has been very quiet.
Viktor
Bgssamson

Post by Bgssamson »

I have an XP3 & its has a little little hum but close the stand doors and I can't even hear a thing.

This is a great buy!

-Brian
halak

Post by halak »

I am toying with the idea of getting an XP3 for a 30 gallon tank. Since I can reduce the water flow, that would not be a problem. Is there any disadvantage of getting this large filter for such a small tank? The reason I am thinking about doing this is that an XP3 is only $10 more than an XP2.
Viktor
neilanh

Post by neilanh »

I think the XP3 - even with the flow control, is too much for a 30 gallon tank. My XP3 is on my 46 gallon and blows everything around. I know others that are running an Xp2 on a 29g and have to turn it down. I know the small price delta is an incentive, but I think it's too much, especially for a planted tank with light substrate.

Sponsors