August Meeting

News & upcoming events
halak

Post by halak »

I will be at the meeting and will probably bring an extra person, too.

If anyone would like some baby/juvenile endlers (for free), please let me know so I can take some to the meeting.
Viktor
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

DelawareJim - if Sean is willing to tote, I'm ready for them to go. How many would you like? Some of the departing plants will be blooming size, others younger offsets and still attached if I can get them out intact, but capable of independent planting if desired.

Aaron - if you have spare cherries, I am in the market. I though tht my colony had died out, and the tank was buried in a clould of hair alge, so I dumped the whole mess. The next day I could see a couple of shrimp still there. But I doubt it is enough for a sustainable gene pool, and need more to really re-start.

What are "natural colored snowballs"? The snowballs I got before are still there, not multiplying greatly, but surviving despite the last few month's serious neglect. I am quite taken with them (more visible than the cherries to me). If the NCS have the same eating habits* as the ones I have, I do have a shrimpless veggie filter which could use a start of either variety.

*They do clear A. nana of BBA. I have not yet tried hard green spot with them, but that may be asking too much.
Where's the fish? Neptune
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

The natural color snowballs are just that, the natural color form..or at least close to it. They are a greyish blue color as adults. The snowballs are a bred out genetic variation, much like the crystal reds are a color variation of the bee shrimp.
suezahn

Post by suezahn »

I'd also love a nice selection on crypts, if folks are overgrown. I'm getting ready to replant my 55-gal, now that most everything is transplated in the 120-gal. I'm thinking of doing mostly crypts in the 55-gal for a different look.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Crypts would be Sean's department. He often brings a bucket full of bags of Crypts. :mrgreen:
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

I'll see what I can find for crypts in my tanks.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I forgot to mention that i'm bringing a friend too. :)
Roan Art

Post by Roan Art »

Aw, man! I want to go to this meeting *pout*. I wanna see Robert's banana trees, dang it.

We drive to MD every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) for riding lessons, but after over 6 hours of driving (45 mins one way) and riding (3 hours) on Saturdays, there's no way I can ask my family to head over there.

Some day!

Eileen
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

We'll try to take some pictures for you.
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

LOL! She really just wants to see a multi-tank system infested with Rainbows. S'okay, since I am ignoring the algae, my afternoon will be spent in a futile effort to catch and sort rainbows. Four tanks of the same fish with two of those breeders is just too much even for me.

I do have a nice baby Abyssinian banana though. If i can carry it over (not hardy), it will be a nice plant in a couple of years.
Where's the fish? Neptune

Sponsors