What Meeting Topics Do You Want To Hear?

News & upcoming events
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I can help everyone ID cladophora algae. :mrgreen:
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

Plus I seem to have come by some new goodies (another story, not for publication) - talk about adding insult to injury - they are in QT ATM, not in the circulating range. We can push that time down for someone to rescue, but one I really want to try myself, another is a maybe - pending those who know IDing what I got.
Where's the fish? Neptune
Roan Art

Post by Roan Art »

RTRJR wrote:Additional potential topic: Algae ID for the unwary and/or inexperienced. I have perhaps the "best" collection of algae I have ever had in the system right now (product of months of neglect). So, anyone who does not know BBA, a variety of hair algaes, both green spot and soft green glass algae, who knows what else - I have not seen BGA or staghorn, but better eyes may well spot either. They are unlikely to go away before the meeting. :(
Bottle some BGA for the meeting so everyone can get a good whiff of how it smells ;) Stinky!

Wish I had time to go to this. I have some really wicked hair algae in my Melanotaenia parva fry tank. Covers almost the entire bottom of the tank and is about 2" high. Awesome!

Question -- do we ever have fish auctions? I have a tank fully of parva fry I wanted GWAPA members to get first dibs on when they are ready to go in month or two.

Eileen
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Question -- do we ever have fish auctions?
Sure, some folks exchange fish. Whenever they're ready, just post in the forum what you'd like to sell them for. Or, bring a couple to one of the meetings.
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Eileen

Definitely....I would love to get a few Parva's from you when they are ready. Just let us know.

Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
Roan Art

Post by Roan Art »

Ltrepeter2000 wrote:Eileen

Definitely....I would love to get a few Parva's from you when they are ready. Just let us know.

Thanks
Rob
Ooo, yer local, too! Cool. Give them another month to mature. They're about 7-8 weeks old (hatched around 6/21) and most are over 1". Some are showing reddish on the fins, too.

Roan
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Ok Sounds good....Look forward too it.

Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

Roan;

Do you have any Melanotaenia praecox per chance? I've always had a thing for the smaller species.

Oh, BTB, Marlene and I are going to Maine in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to convince her to make a run into New Brunswick for a day (really shouldn't be too hard). Any goodies from home you might be interested in?

Cheers.
Jim
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

DJ - I am infested with M. praecox - the emerse vggie filter housing the Crinums had some fry washed down into it, and now they are breeding there - not a good thing as they are all but un-nettable. Currently I take the overflow sponge out and let the fruy go to the palembang puffer's tank as snack food. During the clean-out they are being evicted from that tank.
Where's the fish? Neptune
Roan Art

Post by Roan Art »

DelawareJim wrote:Roan;

Do you have any Melanotaenia praecox per chance? I've always had a thing for the smaller species.
That's one I don't have. THe smallest bows I have are Pseudomugil gertrudae and Pseudomugil cyanodorsalis, which is one of the two blue eye high-end brackish bows. RTR has tons re: his message below.
Oh, BTB, Marlene and I are going to Maine in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to convince her to make a run into New Brunswick for a day (really shouldn't be too hard). Any goodies from home you might be interested in?
Oh, NB! Kippers! I'll even get my husband to drive me over and get them from you! Stink up da house! They freeze okay, right?

Kippers Kippers!

Eileen

Sponsors